01606 861 770
Step Into Dance is a Home Education Group that supports learning within the National Curriculum. The group aged 8-11 years meets weekly in Ellesmere Port.
Dance has been widely recognised to improve both physical and mental health, and overall wellbeing in young people. Research shows that:
*Only 38% of girls are reported to achieve the recommended amount of physical daily exercise — dance is an innovative way of engaging girls in physical activity.
* Dance increases cardiovascular activity and can help to reduce weight gain.
* It improves cognitive functions with movement creating a link between a problem or idea to an outcome or solution. It can progress classroom learning and provide a platform for creative & critical thinking.
* Dance promotes sociability through working together and celebrating within the community; it can heighten resilience and boost positive mental health.
* It can develop the ability to communicate ideas effectively—both verbally and in movement.
* Dance is a key element of self expression and allows a growing awareness of one’s physical self.
At Cheshire Dance, our approach is inclusive and person-centred, and our artists remain committed to delivering creative interventions that champion the health & wellbeing of young people. We ensure that dance as a powerful art form works to contribute to young people’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, and through our regular classes, we use dance to enhance kinaesthetic learning.
In these sessions we use dance and creative movement to develop wider characteristics for learning — and promote creative thinking alongside critical thinking to deepen students understanding within cross curricular activities through dance, including: British values, digital identity, literacy, numeracy, science, history & heritage…. amongst others.
For more information, please get in touch.
For details of the sessions, please search for ‘Step Into Dance’ in our events section. Alternatively, for more info contact: email@example.com or call 01606 861770.
If you would like to support this group and project by making a donation. Please click on the button below.Support
Cheshire West and Chester Council is committed to celebrating diversity and promoting equality in everything it does, to improve the quality of life for everyone living, working and visiting Cheshire West and Chester.
Customer Service Centres, 1 The Arcade, Northwich
Arts Council England is the national development agency for creativity and culture. Cheshire Dance is a National Portfolio Organisation of Arts Council England.
The Hive, 49 Lever St, Manchester M1 1FN
The Boaty Theatre looks to always to create a sense of belonging and community that extends beyond the walls of the theatre, making live performance and the creative arts accessible to all.
Whitby Rd, Ellesmere Port