Sole Rebel Seeks Recent Graduates & Early Career Artists
Sole Rebel are excited to be launching a Graduate Training & Performance Company for Tap dancers in the North-West. To harness homegrown talent & bridge the gap between training & professional careers.
The organisation is looking for 12 x participants 18-25 years (Recent graduates & early career artists) who will receive:
– Weekly training with a highly regarded & diverse team of professional artists from the industry.
– A full rounded training experience including practical & theory through intensives, creative workshops & masterclasses.
– Collaborate with choreographer & Artistic Director of Sole Rebel, Hannah Ballard on a new performance piece.
– Performance opportunities in Liverpool & across the UK at festivals & outdoor events.
– A professional pair of Jason Samuels Smith Tap Shoes (value of £180)
– Three of the dance artists will have the opportunity to participate in Tap Dance teacher training & a paid outreach project to deliver workshops in a variety of settings funded by Dance Consortia North West.
This is a heavily subsidised project supported by Arts Council England & in partnership with LIPA. Investment asked from participant: £120 (which can be paid in instalments across 4 months). There is one scholarship available & one 50% discounted place to low income households.
Weekly Sessions dates & intensives starting w/c 7th February 2022 – May 21st TBC. With additional performance opportunities throughout the summer season and beyond.
Venue: Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts, Mount Street, Liverpool, L1 9HF
Date: Friday 28th January between 18.30 – 21.00
All invited auditionees will be asked to provide a negative Lateral Flow and wear masks within LIPA.
Deadline: Tuesday 25th January
If you have any problems with accessibility of the form, please feel free to apply by video. For any questions, please contact Alice at email@example.com
Audition invites and times will be confirmed by Thursday 27th January.